With The Help of Arri Australia & Panavision Australia

With The Help of Arri Australia & Panavision Australia
The Fact that I was able to hand hold the camera comfortably at hip height became a huge plus ,,, 'SHOOTING FROM THE HIP' went from being a well worn phrase to a Creative REALITY with the ALEXA ....... Combined with the ability to render the available lights mixed colours in a natural form really made the LOOK of the Film ... I COULD NOT HAVE SHOT THE WAY I DID WITH ANY OTHER DIGITAL CAMERA I HAVE USED ..... I am PROUD of the results ;-)

Monday, November 7, 2011

THE BEGINING ,,, Lost my 1st AC and Data Loader , NO GAFFER , NO GRIP ,,, We are shooting tonight ,,,

SO just in a nick of time ,,,,, STEVE BYRON and RYAN PETER step in for 1st AC & data/loader ,,,,, THANKS fellas ,,,,, Just when I was going to get my 12 year old daughter to help out ,,, he he he ,,,,, only joking ,,, I think .
Sorry Monique ,,, STEVE has the job now ,,, he he ,,, and Stop sneezing all over the focus charts ,,, Its tough trying to do a freeB when you got school pickup after 3pm ,,,

Steve checks out the ALEXA from ARRI upstairs at PANAVISION downstairs ,,, Its handy having those companies so close together ,, Thank you STEFAN & MARTIN ,,,,,, Steve is finetuning the way I want to use it for handheld ,,,,, I hate those big 2 handle rigs and prefer the old arri 3 single handle ,,,, It leaves you left hand free to do other adjustments ,,, like slightly move an actor to the correct OVER position or fight your way through a crowd ,,,,, or even slap the focus puller ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only joking on that ( we have a remote focus system in place ) We only have a small set of Superspeeds ,,,,, from 18mm to 85mm ,,,,,,, we did throw in a 16mm on a late call in the gear check ,,,,,, Actually we used every lens we had ,,, I love that feeling of not waisting anything $ ,,, WE have two very good actors on the Film ,,,,,, KELLY PATERNITI
AND JOHN BATCHELOR ,,, It was fantastic that they agreed to do this Film ,,
And they are happy ( but tired after the second night ,,, I'll bet ) people and fun to work with ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment