With The Help of Arri Australia & Panavision Australia

With The Help of Arri Australia & Panavision Australia
The Fact that I was able to hand hold the camera comfortably at hip height became a huge plus ,,, 'SHOOTING FROM THE HIP' went from being a well worn phrase to a Creative REALITY with the ALEXA ....... Combined with the ability to render the available lights mixed colours in a natural form really made the LOOK of the Film ... I COULD NOT HAVE SHOT THE WAY I DID WITH ANY OTHER DIGITAL CAMERA I HAVE USED ..... I am PROUD of the results ;-)

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back after Birthday Lunch/Dinner ,,, I do love a good Meat pie

When we got back from lunch/dinner ,,, we got stuck into the dialogue close ups ,,,,,,, As we had no grip but were able to borrow a western Dolly and some appleboxes from Tony Bosh ( thanks Mate ) ,,, So sitting on the box on the western dolly handheld was the order of the day ,,,,,, Craig did the honours again ,,,,,, Lucky we were looking for a bumpy movement ,,, he he he ,,, Only joking ,,, He did GOOD .... Because of the height of a sitting person and the fact my sideways movement was provided by the dolly ,,, I actually put the camera on my shoulder ,,, where as all the walking and running close up coverage was off the shouder and lower angle ,,,,, It is much smoother this way ,,, Your two arms become the steadycam ,, This is coming from a person who has shoot so much handheld footage with the old arri 2c ,,, From standing in a row boat , out of helicopters , light planes , surf boats , car interiors , and even tracking shots on the beach sitting on a 2x grip powered potato sack ,,, Still one of the best handheld camera designs around ...
After having originally prefered the Old traditional Station like St James ,,,,, I have now fallen in love with the shapes and angles on offer at Green Square ,,,, enjoyable ,,, But no dawdling here ,,, It is like the speed dating version of Filming ,,, Find a good composition and Shoot it and move on ,,,, Fast fun .


I do get to sit down on the seat for some setups ,,, Steve loves that wireless focus and so do I , Craig is sticking his head in to see why I am now sitting on the seat and not getting him to push me around ,,,,,,,


OK it on the shoulder again ,,, but only just ,,, It is a static piece of close up dialogue ..


Once again there were ample places to find good angles for the scene ,,,,,I love this shot ,



Another Shot I love ,,,,,, The stairs are great to shoot against ,,


With shooting totally available light you come up against things like these blue green spots hitting youe artists ,,,, Not good on the face casting nasty shadows ,,,, It is close work so just move them a step closer and it is only a rim /backlight/toplight ,,, what ever ,,,, Still got green ,,, but gradeable to some extent with Face recognition style windows ,,,

Crick ,,, doing his homework ,,,


Sitting on that dolly again ,,, yeh I know on the shoulder ,,,,,,,, and two hands on the camera ,,,,, I prefer the single arri3 style right hand grip and left hand on the matbox edge .....
Wow Jiao just arrived with permission to shoot at the station ,,,,,,, Only joking ,,, Its probally a form for me to sign ,,,, saying that I wont say anything silly about him in my blog ,,, he he he
Actually I was hoping it was another meat pie ,,, they were good .




Jen & Crick ,,,, jump ahead for a little next scene block through ,,,,,, We still have heaps to shoot ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment